I was talking to someone recently that was so stuck in running the day-to-day of her business that it didn’t even seem possible for her NOT to be the one doing everything.
When she contemplated someone else managing her projects, she got excited.
- What if she could send someone else the ideas and new projects she’s contemplating and they figure out how it fits with the current plans/goals?
- What if when plans need to be adjusted, someone else does the adjusting and she can focus on what needs to be done now (and not later)?
- What if that person understands the technology (the CRMs and email management programs) and will set things up for her, so there’s LESS to do?
What if YOU had that right-hand person in your business?
What would that free you up for? If you want to chat about that, let me know.
AND I also know that some of you aren’t ready for that yet.
I have some ideas about how to do some of this on your own.
Have a weekly business meeting with yourself.
In this weekly meeting, you’ll do three things. First, you’ll review how the week went.
Second, you’ll look at your new ideas and decide whether they’re NOW or LATER things. Review your goals, projects, and ideas you’ve already committed to, and be honest with yourself about whether it’s a now or a later idea. If it’s later, then add it to your LATER list.
Third, you’ll create your plan for the upcoming week. Block out time for your projects and tasks, so you don’t schedule something over it.
What can you document to make your life and business easier?
In every business, there are some things we do over and over and over again.
Where can you write out the steps, draft the emails, or save the website links to save you time and energy?
To find these places think about:
- Where are you looking at emails you previously sent to draft a new email?
- What website are you always looking for links for?
- What links/URLs are you always looking for to share?
- What tasks/projects that you do regularly are you always trying to remember the next step or going back to do something you forgot?
If you have any questions or want some ideas/help, comment below or send me an email and we’ll have a chat!